Thursday, December 16, 2010

The First Steps

Hi Campers

Deb had her power port put in on Tuesday. In addition to accepting chemo and providing a port for the weekly blood tests, apparently it can be used for contrast medium, such as what was inserted before the CT scan.

Kathlena Rule spent the day with Deb at the hospital as the port was installed and a bone scan and CT scan completed. Kathlena is part of our small group through the Chapel. Our group is wonderful. What a blessing.

When I got home Deb was really wiped out. She ended up sleeping on the couch with Strider for a while. Later she moved into our bed and slept all night. She had pain, but she said it was manageable.

Yesterday she spent the day dealing with pain from the abuse of surgery. When I got home we had some soup and relaxed as much as possible. Deb still found time to fold the clean laundry. I helped her shower. She said being under the water felt terrific.

Today she will have the first of six chemo treatments. She will go into work for a while first. Her sister will be her back up if she can’t drive home. We don’t know what to expect this time around because different chemicals are involved in the treatment.

Deb and I are glad the treatments are under way, so the healing can begin. We expect surgery in May and radiation treatments until July. But, when have we been able to see the future. It’s in God’s hands and He loves us. That’s all we need to know.

God Bless Everyone.

I got the bill for my surgery. Now I know what those doctors were wearing masks for. ~James H. Boren

Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway. ~Mary C. Crowley

1 comment:

Linda W said...

Dan, thank you for this update. I have been praying for both of you ...

Love, Linda W