Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ruminations

Good Morning!

The headline in the online edition of the Chicago Tribune reads, " Kansas woman spent two years on a toilet before police used a crowbar to pry off seat". And I'm thinking, I don't even want to know the details. This story is nestled in with all the usual stuff about killings and politics. Another headline reports a fifteen year old hijacking a car from a twelve year old. I couldn't drive at twelve, could you? I'm not making this up.

Our cruise starts tomorrow, with a limo pick up at 4:15 a-can you believe-m. We haven't vacationed in a couple of years, so I forgot how crazy Deb gets trying to finish stuff at work and get ready. But this is her lollipop, not mine. Although, I note the temps in San Juan recently are in the mid eighties, and I think perhaps I can enjoy this too.

Deb seems to be getting her strength back a little at a time. Doctors visits will spread out more. We both had the full battery of blood work and tests and are good to go for a while, it seems.

The last week has been crazy for me, with a car accident that totaled my Buick. No injuries and the other guy was at fault, but that was just part of a very busy week that had me out on investigations until 2 a.m. two nights (including the night of the accident). Everything will be fine when I have my first Mai Tai on the ship.

We are reminded again that everything resolves over time, so we continue to pray for Danny, the Kattner twins, my mom and all our friends and family.

Take care, hug each other and pray always.

Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Deb and Dan,

I just wanted to type a quick hello, and wish you well on your travels!

I have been thinking about the two of you so much, and was glad to have come across your Christmas letter, which reminded me of this blog address.

I am so glad to read that Deb is feeling a bit better, and that the two of you are heading out on a cruise!

I just returned from one, and it was a delight. You are sure to enjoy yourselves. The food is wonderful, and so is the entertainment. Have fun just hanging out, or joining in all of the activities!

It would be wonderful to catch up when you return.

Love,
Linda